Sickness and Football

2:37 PM / Posted by Michael Krumbine /

Okay, so being sick sucks. I thought I was going to fight it off, but alas it took me over. Right now, I feel like my head is going to explode, and let me tell you.....that is not a good feeling. Granted, I'd rather the feeling than my head actually exploding, but you know....

On to more pressing matters. I'm currently in a fantasy football league in which I paid money for.....and i'm 0-2. And yes there are still 14 games to go, but there is definitely reson for concern. I was relying on David Garrard (JAX, QB) to lead my team because he was fantastic last season. In 12 games, he threw 3 interceptions, 18 touchdowns, 2500+ yards, and he was sacked only 21 times. In two games he has thrown 3 INT to match last years total, been sacked 9 times and thrown 380 yards and 1 TD. The worst part about this is that My backup is none other than Miami Dolphins QB Chad Pennington! So, I'm somewhat of a lost cause in the QB department. On top of that my supposed "star" RB and WR (Steven Jackson, and Braylon Edwards) have given me a whopping 7 points over two weeks. I've got to find a solution and fast!

There are some bright spots in my situation, I was able to pick up Eddie Royal after his brilliant rookie performance, and I have the likes of Darren McFadden and the Bears defense in my lineup. Wish me luck this week as I take on a team who promises that my Zany Fish will be floating upside down in toxic waste after he's through with them.

1 comments:

Comment by TJW on September 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Welcome to real life, buddy.

I like how moving on to more pressing issues meant moving from an exploding head to fantasy football.

Post a Comment